Workshop: Hyper-V R2 Clustering and SCVMM PRO Configuration
This two day, instructor led hands-on workshop will teach you how to build Hyper-V host and guest clusters as well as configure and use Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) using SCVMM and SCOM. You will be given the lab setting and proper hardware in order to build a multi-node Hyper-V R2 cluster. You will have access to an iSCSI based storage area network and will go through all the steps necessary to build the cluster. You will then perform administrative actions, such as Live Migration, maintenance, Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) and more.
Additionally, we give you the opportunity to configure and test Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO). You will learn about and build the proper connections between System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) in order to make PRO work properly. You will also have the opportunity to see PRO work in conjunction with Live Migration in response to PRO Tips.
Two-day workshop: $1300. We are happy to extend a 25% discount for additional members of your team with one fully-paid registration. Please call 866.323.8073 to inquire about group pricing and on-site deliveries.
For questions on this course or to schedule on-site training, call 1-866-323-8073.
This workshop is intended for IT administrators and Windows engineers needing to design, implement or support Hyper-V infrastructures.
- Introduction to Hyper-V R2 Clustering Concepts
- Architecture and components
- Live and Quick Migrations
- Cluster Shared Volumes
- Failover and failback
- How it works
- Design and sizing considerations
- Guest clustering
- Implement a Multi-Node Cluster
- Configure networking
- Create and connect to iSCSI targets
- Configure storage
- Configure CSV
- Add nodes
- Operate the Cluster
- Perform Quick and Live Migrations
- Test failover and failback
- Perform maintenance
- Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) Overview
- Practical application of a PRO solution
- Architecture – SCVMM and SCOM integration
- Design requirements
- Implement PRO
- Configure SCOM and SCVMM integration
- Configure PRO enabled management packs
- Generate PRO Tips
- Test Live Migration from a PRO Tip
- Troubleshoot issues